Rental Shop Department Supervisor
Posted by Lookout Pass and the Route of the Hiawatha on 04/02/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management, Management - Team, Operations, Purchasing, Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Recreation, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $44,000/year starting BOE
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Rental Shop Supervisor oversees a large rental operation, maintenance of equipment and testing, supervising staff, maintaining equipment safety standards and protocols. Provides guest services related to the proper selection, fitting, renting and selling of a variety of winter sports equipment, bikes and accessories. Manages functions related to maintaining efficient and high-quality shop operations, ordering and training and scheduling staff and overseeing rental equipment fleet. Must work well with reservations and have strong communications. Our Summer Operation is the Route of the Hiawatha Bike Trail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Have the desire to get new skiers/riders into the proper equipment.
- Fit Boots, Skis, Snowboards and/or Bikes to guest satisfaction
- Ensure guests are well-equipped for a day on the mountain/trail.
- Demonstrate proper knowledge of company cash handling policies and procedure.
- Arrive on time, with proper, clean uniform and appearance.
- Lead team to successful days and maintain/boost crew moral.
- Maintain rental fleet and inventory.
- Assist with tracking equipment and inventory regularly.
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong customer service skills
- English fluency - required
- Friendly, personable and comfortable working with people
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including some nights and weekends - required
- Experience with rental POS systems - preferred
- Passion for the snowsports industry – preferred
- Disciplined, responsible and accountable.
PTO, Health Reimbursement, Use of Facilities and Activities for yourself and Dependents, Profit Sharing Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $44,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Experience level: 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range: Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate: Mullan, ID 83846: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Experience: Customer service - 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
About Lookout Pass and the Route of the Hiawatha
Welcome to Lookout Pass, home of the best snow and the easiest access. It's no wonder Lookout Pass was voted the most family-friendly mountain resort in the Pacific Northwest by visitors to OnTheSnow.com. We're also the home of the Lookout Pass Famous Free Ski School for kids. But what skiers and riders love most about Lookout is an average of more than 400 inches of light, dry powder snow annually.
We are a regional ski area with 52 slopes, 1000 acres, 5 lifts and 400 inches of snow a season. We are also a historic rail-trail on the Idaho/Montana border with 10 tunnels and 7 trestles.