Director of Brand Marketing
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Conservation, Publication/Media, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
- Develop, produce and direct all Parks Project brand campaigns, product launches and partnerships to align best-in-class content and storytelling with strong commercial plans.
- Drive all brand planning, seasonal campaigns and oversee a year-round Marketing programming calendar
- Lead creative team and oversee the development of all creative assets to ensure brand positioning is relevant to the customer and consistent with long term strategy, vision and mission of the company
- Be the key holder for omni channel communications, and most importantly drive brand, product and partnership campaigns with ecom team across all digital touchpoints
- Direct social media team, develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy, including projects and metrics.
- Oversee all Public Relations activity and outward communications, set objectives for the PR team and monitor team members’ performance
- Direct Retail Marketing manager and overarching brand programs for key accounts like Nordstrom, Madewell, Urban group, REI and other specialty stores as well
- Clearly articulate our leadership position and create a clear narrative regarding the purpose of our brand and how our metrics demonstrate the related impact
- Make strategies come to life as much on the ground as in the digital space in order to have maximum impact omni channel
- Report back to leadership with a clear data-minded approach: Quantitative KPIs as well as qualitative
- Lead a lean team of direct reports, agencies, and ambassadors to personally drive key brand elements and execute against long term company strategy
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and ambassador networks that run related initiatives to ensure strategy alignment and that connections are optimized among customer-facing channels
- Collaborate with the product team to build relevant product stories and campaigns and to ensure go to market campaigns are authentic, powerful and relevant to our community
- Be a passionate and articulate champion to represent the mission and impact of Parks Project online community both internally and externally, including product & authentic brand storytelling to customers and prospective customers
- Develop productive and collaborative internal working relationships with internal supporting teams and external brand partners to optimize outcomes for Community
- Plan and administer the organization’s Brand Marketing Operations budget, make clear planning, budgeting and technology decisions based on goals
- Manage operations of marketing team, KPI’s, and function with high effectiveness—track and ensure delivery of programs while insuring they are within budget using internal tools like integrated GTM, calendars, playbooks etc...
- Proactively define then track metrics and report on progress in line with organizational deadlines and to reinforce impact and alignment in ongoing communications with key stakeholders and partnering teams
We have a passion for the outdoors and believe it's our responsibility to promote, protect, and preserve public lands. Each collection of quality goods is made with purpose and helps fund a project in our parks.
The responsibility to maintain our parks is up to all of us.