Posted by Liberty Mountain on 07/10/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Purchasing
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Responsible for bringing new product to market. Development starts with line planning with the Product Manager and Sales Managers to identify current and future opportunities in the marketplace. After line plans are finalized, it’s the developer’s responsibility to communicate how to best build first prototypes with partner factories, effectively communicate and iterate with those factories, coordinate with in-house graphic design resources to make sure the product communicates the correct design language, set and meet cost goals based on current market competition, coordinate sales/tradeshow sample production, and ensure correct, on-time delivery for the new product launch.
- International travel required 1-3x per year lasting 5-10 business days per trip to visit and collaborate with partner factories
- Build cost models for all products and look for opportunities to either reduce cost or add retail value
- Build market comparisons of similar products and recognize opportunities for growth
- Analyze sales data to suggest improvements to current product assortment
- Evaluate and report on inventory/cash flow issues with current product offerings and suggest improvements
- Build and maintain accurate Tech Packs outlining all key features and packaging requirements
- Lead and manage internal resources from industrial design to local production/light assembly
- Coordinate with sales management to ensure specific brand goals are aligned
- Present new products to internal and external sales teams and be present to help support product launches at specified industry trade shows or events
Qualifications & Skills:
- Required Education: Bachelor degree in a related field (Engineering, Materials Science, Textiles, Supply Chain Management, or International business)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in product design, development, manufacturing, or supply chain optimization is a must. 2-4 years of experience in any of those disciplines is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience communicating with all team members from overseas suppliers who are not native English speakers to internal team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word). Preferred experience with Microsoft NAV Dynamics, Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent), Microsoft Access.
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and self-starter. Must work well under general direction and not expect every step to be laid out perfectly
- Familiarity with the outdoor industry and its products from key competitors and partners. This includes products produced by Liberty Mountain and its vendors.
About Liberty Mountain
Liberty Mountain is a growing full-line distributor of products designed for backpacking, camping, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, and other outdoor recreation. Liberty Mountain prides itself in supplying the industry with new innovative equipment through dedication, hard work, integrity, quality, and great customer service. Our motto is “Everything for the Outdoors." The company has been in business for over 50+ years and is currently offering service to thousands of customers worldwide.