Vice President/Director, Worldwide Sales
Posted by SureFire LLC on 03/27/2019
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales
City: Fountain Valley-
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Vice President/Director of Worldwide Sales provides leadership and coordination of company sales functions. The Vice President will be responsible for driving sales in commercial law enforcement, defense, consumer and retail markets in the U.S. and abroad. The Vice President will drive growth and improve the company's branding through multiple distribution channels and will develop and implement sales, marketing and product strategies, models and tools
. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Senior Leadership Team to provide vision and guidance in developing a proactive sales strategy. Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals.
- Provide leadership and vision to Sales and Customer Service teams in planning, controlling and directing activities of the sales force to ensure success of the operations.
- Assist sales personnel by mentoring, coaching and training in order to generate proposals, conduct successful sales calls, etc. for purposes of generating and maintaining business.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function. Successfully utilize a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline and closing data. Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions. " Execute an effective sales and marketing strategy to identify, close and forecast sales.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions as part of plan execution and evaluation.
- Coordinate and monitor the advertising platform with the Marketing Department to ensure effective strategy and plan.
- Demonstrate effective relationship management with employees, vendors and potential customers to sustain and generate sales.
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement processes, procedures and contracts.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, rep groups and distributors.
- Create and maintain strategic relationships with industry peers by attending networking events and industry trade shows in order to develop a strong business network. Create OEM sales relationships with Firearms industry leaders and commercial accounts.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervision or management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or related; MBA preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Over 10 years sales management work experience, including military/defense, domestic, international, dealer, consumer and/or retail markets
- Experience with lasers, firearms/related weapons preferred; must be comfortable working around firearms
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, proposals and plans.
- Must be able to negotiate commitments on behalf of employers
- Ability to utilize geometry/statistics to solve problems (i.e. engineering. related) problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to utilize personal computer business applications, such as word processing and spreadsheet software, at an advanced level through the use of many of the following capabilities: macros, merge functions, report design with special formatting such as charts, graphs, and pictures, desk top publishing functions, use of query language, look up tables, pivot tables, forms design with advanced formatting. This level of expertise is normally acquired through taking advanced classes in the use of the software and through regular and intensive use of these functions.
Ability to learn, to enter, and view data and run reports on Epicor system for department functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must be willing and able to travel both domestic and overseas
- The employee must be willing and comfortable dealing with weapons
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online to email@example.com. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be contacted to further the application process. No phone calls, outside agencies, or recruiters. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We actively recruit qualified targeted veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5 (a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requirements affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.