Media Production Specialist
Posted by BPI Outdoors on 03/09/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Editorial-Video-Photo
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Job Title: Media Production Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
BPI’s marketing team is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial-minded professional to help our 5 brands’ digital media presence. As Media Production Specialist, you’ll play a key role in supporting strategic initiatives and championing new innovative ideas as part of a collaborative team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Identifying participants/topics for series based on upcoming schedule.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop scripts for various video projects.
- Scheduling/Preparing participants for their interviews or shoots.
- Ensuring projects meet scheduled release dates and communicating all updates or delays with team well in advance of deadlines.
- Ensuring all pieces of a project are ready for release, including Transcripts, Closed Captions, Post Copy, etc.
- Conducting interviews both in-field and in-studio as necessary.
- Working with marketing team on scripted video content from pre-production through delivery.
- Handling setup and shooting in-studio and on-location; including knowledge of lighting, audio, and camera setup.
- Additionally, the person in this role will be expected to perform photography and videography at events as necessary i.e., event recap videos and photo galleries
- Editing footage in Premiere Pro.
- Designing Motion Graphics assets in Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to utilize layers to build and animate motion graphics in After Effects
- Working with graphic designer as needed to develop graphics on a project-by-project basis.
- Organize project assets and files into an existing file structure system.
- Complete post-production on various other types of videos as necessary.
- Delivering final products in all formats necessary by deadline dates.
Media Equipment Management:
- Research and purchase the best value software and hardware for the media production department to elevate quality and streamline time spent in the production of photo/video content.
- Hardware Inventory and Maintenance
- Catalog and inventory all major BPI media production equipment to maintain accountability and minimize negative repercussions of loss or damage.
- Keep record of all media production purchases for use in warranty claims, repair, and/or future resale.
- Decommissioning, Recommissioning, and Resale
- Maximize the media department’s ROI by selling/repurposing outdated media equipment. If equipment cannot be repurposed or sold, it will be disposed of in accordance with the disposition laws of Georgia.
Collaborates with BPI marketing team to plan and capture assets for use in ongoing video and photo storytelling.
- Actively manages key video projects from initial project development to delivery of finished projects and archiving.
- Collaborates with marketing team to evaluate new project requests, track existing or planned video projects and connect/share video content with other key stakeholders/ teams utilizing video content.
- Shoots, edits, and produces video content and supports the creation of high-quality, visually appealing, and brand-aligned video content to achieve the brands’ strategic goals.
- Provides collaborative guidance to BPI video production partners by advising on project planning (including pre-production logistics, onsite needs when required, post-production elements, etc.).
- Represents BPI team in all interactions and builds relationships with colleagues and collaborators.
- Maintains video production schedules and other shared tools to manage day-to-day video production workflow.
- Provides technical support and ongoing development/maintenance of shared marketing team resources including archival footage, b-roll library, music subscription, content management.
- Creating and managing an internal and external standardized file plan for all photo, video, music and graphic content in a way that is understandable and accessible for the other users of BPI media.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Strategic – applies strong business acumen and decision-making skills
- Creative – design, deliver and manage new processes/campaigns to impact the business in a positive manner
- Collaborative – achieve meaningful progress working with others inside and outside the Marketing department, navigating a fast-paced business environment to build strong relationships
- Eager – a strong desire to positively impact the business. You are known for your tremendous work ethic, laser focus, passion, and commitment.
- Responsible – make decisions and independently manage projects. Taking a measured approach, demonstrating grace and grit under pressure.
- Organized – excellent time and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple demands and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Three to Five years of videography and photography experience
- Expertise in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Required
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom preferred.
- Field producing and script writing experience preferred.
Please email portfolio, resume, and a short description of why you are a good fit for the role to email@example.com
About BPI Outdoors
BPI Outdoors is the parent company of several highly successful product brands in the hunting and shooting industry.
Our brands include CVA® muzzleloading and center-fire guns and accessories, POWERBELT® muzzleloading bullets and accessories, QUAKE® hunting & shooting accessories, DURASIGHT™ scope mounts, and BERGARA™ barrels, actions and rifles™. BPI is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia.