Posted by Ruffwear on 11/18/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing, Operations
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Bend, OR (On-Site)
At Ruffwear, we believe success goes beyond making great gear. Started as a one-person endeavor in 1994, Ruffwear has gained the support of dogs and humans around the world and is one of Outside Magazine's 100 Best Places to Work. Known for innovative products that help people and dogs of all abilities enjoy outdoor spaces together, our “pack” values diverse thinking and voices from different backgrounds. We appreciate a willingness to take intentional risks that promote creativity, strengthen customer relationships, and reduce our impact on the planet. Our privately held company reinvests profits back into our business to keep it sustainable and nimble, and we partner with organizations like The Conservation Alliance to help protect the lands and waterways where canines and humans connect and thrive. Based in Bend, Oregon, we test our products and explore with our own dogs among our nearby forests, rivers, and mountains. Our headquarters recently underwent an innovative renovation to provide a workspace that enhances the wellbeing and creativity of our pack. Our warm and collaborative atmosphere fosters the sharing of ideas through respectful and stimulating dialogue and helps us implement new initiatives with gusto.
This position supports the Project & Quality Manager in minimizing quality risks by analyzing data, performing inspections, reviewing current processes, and suggesting possible improvements. This role works closely with the Product Development, Supply Chain, and Sales teams, as well as third-party manufacturing and logistics partners, to track quality issues at each stage of the product development process.
- Monitors and identifies quality issues throughout the product life cycle and in all sales channels.
- Collects and analyzes customer warranty data, and produces reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates with Sales, Product Development, factory partners, and third-party logistics to facilitate the flow of information in the quality process.
- Provides status reports on quality issues to internal and external stakeholders and communicates timelines and/or deadlines to appropriate parties.
- Ensures thorough resolution and closure of inspections and data collection related to quality issues.
- Conducts physical product quality checks and audits using appropriate tools and measurement methods.
- Demonstrates understanding of the functionality, materials, and technologies of all product lines to support the quality control process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting (Ruffwear office or home office as necessary).
Evening hours may be required to work with factory partners or team members in different time zones.
Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- 0 - 2 years of experience in data analysis or quality control.
- Associate’s Degree or college-level coursework in statistics or data analysis.
- A combination of years of experience and education may be taken into consideration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, and statistical methods.
- Self-motivated, possessing excellent time management, attention-to-detail, and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with NetSuite or other ERP systems.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Project Management software (Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork)
- Passion for dogs and first-hand understanding of the interactive bond between canines and humans.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a supply chain or manufacturing setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement or lean process models (Lean Six Sigma Certification is a plus).
- Experience in the outdoor and/or consumer products industry.
- Passion for the outdoors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ruffwear is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
For Ruffwear founder Patrick Kruse, exploring the outdoors has been a way of life since the beginning, whether by foot, bike, flying machine, or boat. And he has always searched for ways to include his canine sidekicks in all of his adventures.
Today, the performance dog gear company Patrick launched from his garage, Ruffwear, is present around the globe. Throughout our journey, we’ve remained true to our passion for enhancing and inspiring exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions.