Posted by Johnson Outdoors Inc. on 05/11/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Recreation
State: ID, OR, WA
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Are you a sales professional with a proven track record of leading sales teams, including responsibility for sales strategy, trade promotions, forecasting, and category management, and desire to be a part of the sales management team for a division of a leading outdoor company?
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager capable of driving strategic and profitable growth, leading a factory-direct sales team, plus manage rep groups, be a brand steward, able to drive partnerships with leading retailers, achieve excellence in new product placement, and expand distribution in a variety of channels across our Pacific Northwest region.
If consumer sales leadership is your expertise and you want to combine it with your love of the great outdoors, then please consider joining our Johnson Outdoors team!
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers. Old Town® brings over 100 years of passion and authentic understanding in kayaks and canoes to drive the next great innovations on the water. Go for the fun of it with Eureka!® tents, cooking stoves and camping gear, designed to deliver ease of use and complete comfort. Wildly versatile Jetboil® cooking gear lets you enjoy hot, reviving meals wherever adventure takes you.
We want people to get out and experience the great outdoors, and we create awesome gear to make sure people have the best experience possible - from launch to landing, and from planning and packing to breaking camp.
As our Sales Manager for our Watercraft and Camping businesses in the Pacific Northwest region, you’ll be responsible for accelerating sales growth across all sales channels including ecommerce - furthering our mission of getting more people outside to experience and value the awe of the great outdoors for generations to come.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Sales, you will play a key role as part of the North American sales team, collaborating cross-functionally to implement strategies and ensure alignment to achieve the growth goals of both businesses. You will create a culture of success, driving revenue and growth, and inspiring and developing your sales team to unlock their full potential.
If you’ve got a way with closing the sale and building strong customer relationships, if you love the challenge of working with retail and e-tail partners, if you want to market innovative, premium outdoors brands that are industry leaders, then you might just have what it takes to be a part of Johnson Outdoors!
Get in touch with us today!
What you will be doing:
- Manage a team of sales representatives to ensure sales plans are effectively implemented and goals are achieved.
- Develop, implement and evaluate sales initiatives and strategies to gain market share and maximize profits.
- Manage channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Generate new business by acquiring new accounts, and develop existing accounts to increase revenue and profitability.
- Collaborate with senior management to optimize gross profit by discussing pricing and dealer discount structures while supporting corporate gross profit goals.
- Research best practices, tracks market trends, and develops competitive insights. Integrate best practices into the sales plan, assess market potential for existing and new products across all product lines to maximize market share in the sales territory.
- Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research. Create sales forecasts for assigned territories taking into account sales and business objectives as well as buyer behaviors to grow profitability. Participate with management in updating territory plan and setting sales goals
- Provide input on the overall sales budget and ensures marketing and sales related expenses remain within budget.
- Provide ongoing communication to dealers on products, promotions, policies, operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of all sales activities and results.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales strategies, programs and policies and recommends improvements.
- Provide feedback to senior management regarding new product needs and field reactions to existing products. Participate in the new product development processes as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Marketing, Communications, Business or equivalent experience
- 5 years of progressive experience as a consumer products sales leader
- A start-up mentality: resourceful, ambitious, agile, willing to roll sleeves up and work hands-on
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively lead a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-oriented sales force.
- Proven track record in sales and exceeding targets using data analytics, business planning tools and results-orientated approach
- Strong understanding and experience using category management principles to achieve goals
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator and presenter; experience with all levels throughout an organization as well as with external partners and customers
- Significant domestic travel and some international travel required
- Comfortable working in a lean and fast-paced environment
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success with competitive base salary with additional earning potential through participation in the annual discretionary cash profit sharing program, eligibility for annual pay increases, and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find work/life balance with generous Paid Time Off and holiday benefits, a full benefits package, and broad range of employee support and fitness and wellness plans.
- Further your career with performance development and training opportunities, including our tuition assistance program.
- Have fun at work, enjoying a collaborative and casual work environment, participating in fun company events, and taking advantage of great employee discounts on all of our outdoor recreational products.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, college savings program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.