Service Shop Manager (Bicycle Mechanic)
Posted by Trek Bicycle Stores of Cincinnati on 05/22/2020
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management, Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer, Retail
State: KY, OH
City: Cincinnati, OH
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Business Phone: 513.745.3773
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Why Work With Us:
Advance your career with the best brands in the cycling/outdoor industry and explore all that the midwest has to offer. Greater Cincinnati is home to over 60+ miles of mountain bike trails, miles upon miles of rolling, open roads, a sweet new bike park, and only 2.5 hour drive from IMBA Epic Trail System at Brown County State Park in Indiana. In addition to the cycling ammenities, the Tri-State Area has a variety of outdoor adventure opportunities including skiing, paddling, climbing, and hiking, as well as a thriving arts and entertainment culture. No waiting period for health benefits, and possible relocation assistance available.
Our team consists of diverse people from all walks of life with a common interest and passion - bikes. We play bikes and we enjoy sharing the fun with our customers. We are locally owned and operated since 2009 by adventure seeking mountain bikers at heart.
Main Purpose of this Job:
Lead a shop service team to provide reliable, honest, and highest quality technical services while ensuring customers feel welcomed and comfortable. All with a dedication to exceeding customer expectations and sales goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Technical training 3+ years of mechanical or tech experience working on bicycles in a bike shop setting is required.*
- Industry certifications and experience with Ascend a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and the ability to manage time and prioritize workflows for self and technical team.
- Intrinsically motivated, positive, and friendly. Team player, passion for all things cycling, and strong work ethic.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Adaptable, teachable and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Entry level (and part-time) opportunities are available for candidates
with no prior experience. Training will be provided. Individual should
possess a strong mechanical aptitude, friendly personality, and an
eagerness to learn.
- Help customers with new bike and gear sales and service.
- Lead the shop service team.
- Repair and maintain all make and model bicycles and cycling equipment.
- Take charge of ongoing technical coaching and training to sales and service associates.
- Write work orders based on on-the-spot analysis; provide customers with accurate cost estimate quotes and maintenance suggestions.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete bike builds, repairs, tune ups, sales checks, and accessory installs on time and with the highest quality standards.
- Maintain organized and efficient service areas.
- Work closely with the Store Manager, assisting with the daily operations of the store including closing sales, order management, and customer service.
- Commitment to continuously learn and share knowledge about new products and repair techniques.
- Assist sales associates and customers with technical questions and purchases.
- Willingness to lead bike maintenance classes/clinics and/or provide tech services at special events.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to company policy, programs, and standards.
- Perform other tasks assigned by management.
Additional Details & Benefits:
- This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Three possible locations in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
- No waiting period for health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits.
- Responsible employer in COVID environment.
- Possible relocation assistance available.
- Competitive pay.
- Paid time off.
- On-the-job training.
- Employee discounts.
- Greater Cincinnati Area is home to over 60+ miles of mountain bike trails, miles upon miles of rolling, open roads, and a sweet new bike park. Only 2.5 hour drive from IMBA Epic Trail System at Brown County State Park in Indiana.
Trek Bicycle Store Vision Statement
To improve the quality of life in Cincinnati - one bicycle at a time.
Customer Focused, Passion for Excellence, Living Integrity, Team Work, Ongoing Relationships