Posted by Adventure Ready Brands on 06/02/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Service
State: IL, MN, TX
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Adventure Ready Brands has a strong history and portfolio of brands focused on enjoying the outdoors (Adventure Medical kits, Ben's, Natrapel, Afterbite, Rapidpure, etc.) and have recently established a strategy and plan to accelerate growth. Headquartered in the heart of the White Mountains in beautiful Littleton, New Hampshire, we live and breathe outdoor adventure! With relentless sales execution in North America and across 40 countries, Adventure Ready Brands is rapidly growing!
The Sales Manager has a key part in accelerating company growth by ensuring rapid sales activities and company revenue growth goals are achieved, while maintaining and developing key accounts. The ideal candidate will have experience in the outdoor consumer packaged goods industry and an ownership mentality - they will own the customers they do business with. This person will be a results oriented, self-directed leader who is highly motivated to succeed. Relentless sales execution along with innovation and initiative are a must. The ability to build and drive strategy for success by aggressively expanding footprint, growing topline sales, driving distribution and more is imperative.
Essential Job Functions
- Expand sales within a specified territory by increasing business with existing accounts and developing new business.
- Contact accounts as directed by Sales Coordinator, in conjunction with company marketing and objectives.
- Responsible for understanding current terms and programs for specific customers, tradeshows, and special promotions.
- Prospect territory by phone and in person for additional sales opportunities
- Oversee customer service responsibilities for all territory accounts, working with office staff to ensure quality service for customer base.
- Maintain CRM database to include customer programs, follow-up correspondence, copies of correspondence to account, and computer generated sales analyses.
- Plan and organize sales trips and travel arrangements to achieve maximum face-to-face contact with territory accounts, efficiently utilizing travel budget and time.
- Actively participate in sales meetings.
- Familiarize sales reps with the company and products.
- Increase knowledge of our products, and industry as well as the activities and products of our competitors.
- Establishes competitive and profitable terms of sales such as price, delivery, and payment terms.
- Provides input regarding the design of marketing materials, products, and packaging.
- Assist VP of Sales with development and tracking of annual territory sales forecasts, as needed.
- Attend trade shows and sales events, as well as travel to accounts to make sales presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Outdoor CPG industry experience preferred.
- Strong computer, telephone skills, and interpersonal skills both verbally and written.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to make independent decisions
- Frequent travel is required.
About Adventure Ready Brands
Adventure Ready Brands is headquartered in the heart of the White Mountains in beautiful Littleton, New Hampshire. We have a strong history and portfolio of brands focused on enjoying the outdoors (Adventure Medical kits, Ben's, Natrapel, Afterbite, Rapidpure, etc.).
Cultivating a culture of growth focused on results, customer satisfaction, leadership, innovation and initiative, as well as communication and teamwork, we pride ourselves on exhibiting quality in all we do. Adventure Ready Brands exists to inspire outdoor adventure!