Quality Lab Technician
Posted by NEMO Equipment, Inc. on 11/21/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Engineer
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
NEMO is located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We are a team of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, snowboarders, and hunters. We love to get outside and use the gear that NEMO makes. We do our best to balance our lives between work and play, exhibiting passion for both pursuits. Dogs are welcome.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lab Testing. The testing of textiles, metals, plastics, and finished goods. We have custom built test equipment and a one of a kind rain-chamber which simulates mother nature’s worst. We use ASTM and custom-built test methods and strive to make our products better with every test. Role works closely with product development and quality to test new materials and products from concept through production.
- Lab equipment maintenance. All this equipment has to be maintained to keep the lab working efficiently. Role will be expected to perform routine preventative maintenance or escalate issues that are beyond their capability.
- Lab care/cleaning/organizing. Our lab is both workplace and showplace. This role will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and impressive lab space.
- Test Reporting. Testing is not just simply completing the test task; the job is not complete until the results have been communicated. We are currently developing a test database and all results will need to be entered accurately and efficiently.
- You. Want to work in a fun, fast paced environment and can shift priorities as needed. Flexible. Energetic. Team focused. Enjoy outdoor activities and will feel rewarded when the company has an outdoor event.
- 0-3 years in a laboratory environment. Preferably in the outdoor equipment, apparel or footwear industry.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. Must be detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture.
- A keen sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for learning and growing new skills. We are a growing company and we all need to continuously add to our knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Commitment to and excitement about the challenge of contributing in a meaningful way to the continued success and growth of NEMO.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear is a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the application form on our website. We will do our best to acknowledge your submission, but depending on the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all submissions. Candidates that look to be a promising fit will be contacted as quickly as possible.