Customer Service & Operations Coordinator
Posted by Arizona Outback Adventures on 10/08/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Work Type: Entry-level
Work Schedule: full time, year round
Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA), an REI experiences company is a rapidly growing, evolving and innovative tour operator. Since 1997, Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA) has been the premier provider of multi-day guided backcountry adventures in the American Southwest as well as high-performance bike rentals and single-day guided adventure trips in the Phoenix metro area.
Our commitment to customer service and providing value to guests makes this opening a great entry-level opportunity, with potential for professional development in a fast-paced work environment. This position is customer facing and tends to bike rental and single -day tour guest inquiries regularly.
Top candidates for this position are outgoing, self-directed, team oriented and comfortable with technology, particularly MS Office software. Successful candidates will be skilled at multitasking, critical thinking, and organizing multiple priorities.
Primary Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Ensure readiness of the front lobby and guest materials
- Greet and process rental and tour guests
- Coordinate changes, additions, or problems with rental bike guests with bike shop staff
- Provide information regarding classes, tours, and bike rentals in timely and appropriate manner, via email or phone
- Maintain a thorough understanding of rental, classes, day tour products, services, and procedures.
- Exhibit service orientation toward internal and external customers and maintain productive working relationships
- Assign tour guides, instructors, and vehicles for upcoming programs
- Create trip paperwork and field folders
- Collect completed tour paperwork and process for filing Secondary Duties
- Display ability to independently problem solve through non-standard cases
- Maintain ability to handle multiple priorities and appropriately manage tasks
- Respond to routine retail, FAM, corporate/DMC questions and details
- Maintain scheduling calendar (DT Board, ER, Kronos)
- Infrequently assists with routine shop prep and deliveries(pedals/air/lube/cleaning)
- Infrequently performs as DT guide when assigned or on short notice
- Clear and coherent verbal and writing ability (sample required during interview)
- Timeliness in executing job responsibilities
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule that includes weekends and most holidays.
- Reliable transportation and unencumbered personal life
- Physical fitness/health and active lifestyle or interest in outdoor recreation
- Current first aid/CPR certification Driver?s license and acceptable driving record (MVD verification)
Start Date: Right away
Commitment: Full Time Pay: $13.00/hourly, based on experience and aptitude
Candidates are eligible for a compensation review at the 30 work-day mark, and again at 120 work-days.
- Casual, family-friendly, dog-friendly community-oriented company with a fun and energetic culture
- Continuing education and/or safety training assistance to be used to further your knowledge related to your role at AOA
- Wilderness First Responder re-certification assistance for those with field days
- Pro purchase opportunities for hundreds of brands
- Use of AOA bikes and river equipment
- Medical, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan program
*Benefits depend on your position, department, field days, and seniority. Please ask Human Resources for details about any of these as they relate to you.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We?d like to get you know you better: in your cover letter, please tell us a few reasons why you?d like to join AOA, and specifically why you think this position would be a good fit for you.
About Arizona Outback Adventures
Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA) is the Southwest's largest Hiking, Biking, Rafting, and Kayaking guided tour provider. Trips range from 1/2 Day to 7 Days.