Posted by BOTE on 10/03/2019
Industry Sector: Fishing, Lifestyle, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Design - Apparel, Design - Graphic, Design - Web
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation
City: Miramar Beach
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Location: Miramar Beach, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
BOTE was founded in Destin, FL with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE® is seeking a Graphic Designer. The person is this role will work on a diverse range of projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Candidate must be an action-oriented individual who learns quickly, works independently, and creates solutions to diverse problems. Someone comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines. Organizational skills, streamlined production methods and good work ethic are a must.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with the Creative Brand Director, Marketing Team, and Sales Team. This individual will be working from the BOTE Corporate Headquarters.
- Learn the BOTE family of products, including paddleboards and paddle gear, to be able to understand their authentic application for consumers of the brand marketing materials
- Live the BOTE brand by understanding desires, needs, wants, experience, and expectations of our customers.
- Be a steward of and maintain the BOTE Brand in all designs
- Take design direction provided by Creative Brand Director and use it to design collateral at various sizes, resolutions and mediums
- Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare and format graphics for print, web, social, and email production
- Create and finalize print production artwork such as but not limited to packaging, labels, marketing collateral, point of sale communication and presentations
- Assist with preparation of graphic materials for product production
- Design, develop and code emails and web assets (GIF knowledge is a plus).
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about the paddleboard industry, and the lifestyle that the BOTE brand represents
- Experience in print, digital, and social marketing/advertising
- Fast learner who is willing get their hands dirty and learn on the job
- Ability to be confident, patient and polite when dealing with difficult situations
- Desires a long-term career that offers growth in marketing and product design
- Experience with video editing is a plus.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design or equivalent, with 1-2 years of experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and create an effective design
- Must be able to present portfolio of recent design work
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere, HTML/CSS and/or CAD knowledge a plus
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment