Posted by Liberty Mountain on 07/10/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Purchasing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Purchasing Manager for Liberty Mountain’s camping segments. Perform a variety of duties related to purchasing, inventory management, forecasting, reporting, and market analysis. Prepare product information for catalog and website presentation.
- Accountable for all purchasing and replenishment of inventory.
- Analyzes and monitors sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns to forecast demand.
- Negotiates prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Works with sales and purchasing personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
- Examines, selects, orders, and purchases merchandise consistent with quality, specification requirements and other factors.
- Research, identify, vet, and recommend new vendors and/or products.
- Inputs data to organize and locate inventory in Navision, and operate spreadsheets.
- Own and continually improve demand and forecasting process.
- Sets or recommends mark-up rates and selling prices for merchandise.
- Interviews and works closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Manages Buying team.
- Maintains department budget.
- Some domestic travel required.
- Minimum 5 years buying experience, preferably in the outdoor industry.
- Excellent computer skills are necessary.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Data management and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with outdoor equipment.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to write concise and complete product descriptions for web and catalog publication.
- Proficiency in business math.
- Attention to detail.
- Personnel management experience.
- Required Education: Bachelor degree
- Preferred Education: degree is Business, Suppy Chain or related field
About Liberty Mountain
Liberty Mountain is a growing full-line distributor of products designed for backpacking, camping, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, and other outdoor recreation. Liberty Mountain prides itself in supplying the industry with new innovative equipment through dedication, hard work, integrity, quality, and great customer service. Our motto is “Everything for the Outdoors." The company has been in business for over 50+ years and is currently offering service to thousands of customers worldwide.