Posted by Intense on 03/09/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Accounting
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
REPORTS TO: CEO & CFO
JOB DESCRIPTION: As part of INTENSE LLC’s commitment to provide accurate and reliable financial information, the Accounting Manager will provide oversight and direction for accounting transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness in processing and reporting to internal and external customers. The Accounting Manager will ensure process improvement and promotion of new tools and techniques to further the department’s ability to produce reporting that supports accurate and timely management and decision-making. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the coordination of a variety of finance and accounting services that may include but are not limited to general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, auditing and financial statements and reporting. This position reports directly to the CEO & CFO.
ACCOUNTING JOB DUTIES:
1) Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department.
2) Establishes quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
3) Accomplishes accounting requirements by following and complying with the company accounting process and controls.
4) Manages the month-end and year-end close processes and produces month and year-end statements and reports.
5) Oversees and processes when needed: accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, journal entries, payroll, utilities, billing, collections, bank reconciliations, closing processes, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets, check runs, fixed asset activity and debt activity.
6) Produces error-free accounting reports and presents their results.
7) Supports the annual budget process and cash forecasting.
8) Monitors and analyzes accounting data to produce financial reports or statements.
9) Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain strengthen internal controls.
10) Abides by proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
11) Coordinates and completes annual audits.
12) Meets financial accounting objectives.
- Must have accounting experience with a company that has manufactured and held inventory of a product.
- Prior small business accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge in consolidation, foreign currency, sales tax and international tax required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Proficient in Net Suite and Microsoft Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Accounting.