Sales Manager - Bend, Oregon
Posted by Aquaglide on 02/18/2019
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Recreation, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Aquaglide, one of the premier inflatable watersports brands in the world with global reach and sales in over 70+ countries is seeking a Sales Manager to focus on wholesale distribution in North America. Aquaglide is part of an impressive portfolio of brands in the outdoor and watersports categories held by Kent Watersports. This position is located in Bend, OR. The Sales Manager will report directly to the General Manager and be primarily responsible for leading the sales force while developing and implementing the sales policies and programs for Aquaglide in North America. The position will also ensure that these policies are coordinated with other company departments including marketing, product development and operations. The Sales Manager will assume the following roles and responsibilities:
• Analyze wholesale business, merchandising, pricing and margins. Assist in introducing new items and/or categories and flush out slow sellers to keep the product mix relevant.
• Work interactively with the sales force to create new ideas and sales programs, increase new accounts and increase sales penetration at existing accounts with specialty retailers for AG paddle sports products.
• Support sales team and distributors targeting commercial aquapark opportunities. • Take leadership role in managing key accounts working with the sales team.
• Analyze sales by territory and dealer to identify trends and/or opportunities.
• Develop and maintain product forecasting tools to support global product needs on a seasonal/yearly cycle.
• Establish sales goals by forecasting, then developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and margin for existing and new products.
• Managing and communicating clearly and effectively with Agents, distributors and outside independent sales reps. Topics could include new strategies, sales goals, projections and forecasting.
• Become an integral member of the management team responsible for developing company direction, policies and budgets.
• Interact with product team in identifying and addressing trends for product development.
• Ability to identify new business strategies and drive strategic business initiatives.
• Define key sales metrics and goals, continually analyze results.
• Manage set-up and tear down of company tradeshows. 2-3 per year.
• Master the competitive landscape of the paddle sport category and Aquaglide’s paddle sport collection.
• Domestic and international travel to accounts, tradeshows, sales meetings is required.
• Enthusiasm and ability to learn new software and systems. Knowledge of Illustrator is a plus. Experience / Qualifications:
• Strong strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting and business math skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office programs with strong Excel skills
• Meeting Sales goals while maintaining profit margin.
• Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
• 3-5 years sales experience required.
• 3-5 years managing sales teams and territories required.
• Watersports experience preferred
• Outdoor enthusiast preferred