National Sales Director
Posted by prAna on 11/02/2018
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Executive, Management - Sales
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
From the first days designing clothing in a garage, prAna’s initial vision to connect yoga and climbing to mindful living has captivated thousands. It’s ensured that prAna clothing and gear are made with intention - that every detail from trim and linings to hangtags is carefully designed to enhance our lives today while still considering the needs of tomorrow. Since 1992, this vision has been at the root of prAna’s relationships with customers and retailers. And, it has helped the company to foster a community of active, free spirited customers that share its values.
Each year, prAna welcomes increasingly more people to the prAna way of life through a multi-channel strategy including their own branded stores, a fast-growing direct ecommerce business, catalogs and an established wholesale distribution of over 1,400 retailers across the US, Canada, and Europe.
prAna was acquired by Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC) in June, 2014 and is part of the family of brands in the CSC portfolio, including Columbia, Mountain Hardwear and Sorel. prAna is headquartered in Carlsbad, California and operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company.
Overview of the Position: prAna is a rapidly growing +$140m business with plans to grow 20-25% annually in the coming years. National accounts represent a significant portion of prAna’s business. The National Sales Director will accelerate sales growth and execute customer-focused, brand building, go-to-market programs with strategic national accounts.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic brand champion with a passion for sales and developing strategic partnerships. He/she will have an established track record as a proven sales professional with complex, high-volume, multi-channel retailers. He/she will bring strong business acumen and established relationships and influence in the active/outdoor/lifestyle space. He/she will bring innovative new concepts and energy to tackle the ‘challenges’ of the new retail landscape.
The successful candidate will enjoy professional and personal growth as a leader and key contributor to the prAna Sales team. This role provides the opportunity to contribute to prAna’s continued, rapid growth and development of go-to-market strategies. The role blends a mix of autonomy with regular collaboration with cross-functional company leaders in marketing, merchandising, operations and finance as well as senior management. This person will serve as the functional lead in prAna’s Manager Development Forum.
- Achieve seasonal and annual sales targets
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of national account’s business, personnel and strategies
- Create and execute seasonal and long-term key account business plans that support prAna’s brand and product strategies
- Plan/organize meetings with accounts to present seasonal product lines, brand initiatives, develop go-to-market plans and manage business performance
- Manage and strategically leverage COOP/MDF budgets
- Proactively monitor and respond to sell-through and business performance metrics to maximize sales opportunities and inform future marketing and product line plans
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with cross-functional partners in merchandising, marketing, operations/logistics and finance
- Build competitive terms packages and sales programs
- Provide regular, detailed communication to internal teams on regional and key account’s business, product performance, marketplace trends and competitive landscape
- Proactively monitor and manage order book to assure accuracy and predictability in business
- Provide account and product forecasts
- Take the leadership role in sales meetings, tradeshows and industry functions as needed
- Lead, motivate and collaborate with external sales representatives
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in apparel sales (or similar category)
- Minimum of 5 years experience and proven expertise working with major/national accounts
- Working knowledge of applicable sales channels – eCommerce, catalog, sporting goods, specialty chain, apparel, and department store
- Product and visual merchandising experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as PowerPoint or Keynote
- Experience with Full Circle, EDI and CRM platforms beneficial
- 25-50%, domestic
- The ability to work nights and weekends
- Sales driven and results-oriented
- Skilled in delivering product and brand strategy presentations to large and small groups
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to analyze complex data and reporting/analytical tools
- Exceptional organizational skills and follow through
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Influential and persuasive communicator in all mediums and all organizational levels
- Independent, self-starter, self-directed; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing, team-oriented environment
- Effective time management, planning and prioritizing skills
- Ability to operate in the spirit of service (SEVA) in how we treat our customers and one another
- Ability to balance big picture thinking and vision with a resourceful, entrepreneurial approach to quickly solving problems and realizing opportunity
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Frequent standing/walking
- Use of hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
prAna is a premium lifestyle clothing company that offers sustainable clothes for yoga, travel, & outdoor adventure enthusiasts.